It’s a given for all of us. The daily rush begins the second the alarm starts blaring, and unfortunately breakfast doesn’t always land on the top priority list of things we get to first thing in the morning. This can lead to low energy, and feeling sluggish throughout the day. With this concern in mind I decided to share a few healthy, easy, and totally doable breakfast recipes that I often make that will hopefully help breakfast land on your morning priority list.
- 1/3 CUP CHIA SEEDS (get yours HERE)
- 1 CUP ALMOND MILK, or any other preferred milk
- Fruit/veggie smoothie of choice
Soak Chia seeds in almond milk overnight in a mason jar. Pour smoothie mixture over soaked chia seeds in the morning, and serve.
Some ideas for smoothie topping:
- Blend 1 frozen banana, with 1/2 cup of strawberries.
- Blend 1 frozen banana, 1/2 cup strawberries
- Blend 1 frozen banana, with 1 cup of spinach
- Blend 1/2 cup frozen mango, with 1 cup strawberries.
Feel free to get creative with the smoothie topping! Alternating between different fruit and veggie combinations will create variety, and keep the recipe from getting bland.
If you’d like more easy breakfast ideas you can grab a copy of a cook book I use for vegan friendly breakfast inspirations HERE