This is possibly one of my favorite vegan friendly recipes. Not only can it be made in about an hour or so, but it’s also absolutely delicious, crispy, and melty. Did I mention healthy yet?
- 1 Avocado
- 1 large tomato, or 2 medium
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Refried beans
- Vegan buttery spread
- Vegan sour cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cumin
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Daiya Jalapeno havarti Cheese block
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a glass dish with sweet potatoes, olive oil, cumin and sea salt. Bake in the sweet potatoes in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft all the way through.
- After the sweet potatoes are complete you can prepare a frying pan, or skillet for the tortilla wrap. Melt vegan butter over medium heat, and place beans on half of the wrap.
- Spread a layer of sweet potatoes and vegan sour cream over the beans, add one or two slices of cheese over the potatoes. Fold wrap in half.
- Cook until both sides are golden, and cheese is melted by flipping to both sides.
- You can serve avocado and tomatoes by adding it inside the quesadilla, or serving it as a side dish.